Third: I’ve been dying for something really naughty lately, and this did the trick
Lemon Cream with Blackberries
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey (I used less and added it to taste)
- 1 package (12 ounces) silken tofu, firm or extra-firm, drained (I used firm, and the end result was similar to ricotta cheesecake. I think if you use softer tofu the blended result will be silkier so it’s your preference really)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (I used frozen and defrosted them)
- Combine 2 1/2 teaspoons of the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, and tofu in a blender.
- Puree ingredients until smooth, scraping down sides of blender with rubber spatula as necessary.
- Divide lemon cream evenly among four bowls or serving glasses. Garnish each portion with blackberries and reserved lemon zest. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
I LOVE this and will totally make it from now on. It’s crazy easy, healthy, fresh, and it’s nice to have something to go for when you want to feel a little decadent.
So, that was my weekend. I finished off Sunday evening with a mud face mask, a hot shower, and watched some films with a Swede and a cat called Tom. Pas mal…
PS. I shall also preemptively mention that I spent a considerable amount of time playing Smurfville on my phone (offline doesn’t necessarily make it less disgraceful, does it? Does mentioning that I also played copious amounts of Sudoku and crossword puzzles lessen the shame? To me, yes it does.)
Image and recipe: Whole Living